Journal #128 – I flew my first drone

I decided to change the way I give titles to my entries. I found the previous style to be a little monotonous and boring. But if you prefer the previous style, let me know in the comments below and I will change it back.

Set my alarm clock to wake me up at 0645hrs because of the need for me to take the omeprazole half an hour before food. I felt like shit (got a headache and puffy eyes) waking up so early as my normal waking time is around 9 or 10 in the morning.

Had my breakfast, shower, and out of the house I went. Half way towards the train station, I realised I don’t have enough time and so I went to flag a cab. Went to the training center.

Upon arriving, signed my attendance and went into the classroom.

We went through theory first, which was a little dry but necessary. It covered the rules and regulation. After that, we went for a quick break and are issued with our own drone, the Syma X5HW-1.

This drone is a trainer drone and can take quite a fair bit of beating. We are advised to practice on this drone first until we are familiar before going on to the more expensive ones like dji Mavic Pro or Phantom 4.

Now, according to the trainer, this specific drone is one of the best ones out there for beginners undergoing training and it cost only about SG$120, maybe less or more, depending on where you get it.

Here are some videos that I took of the training.

I also bought a miniature drone at the training center with the intention to practice flying at home or indoor before bringing out the X5HW. After finishing a written test, we went home.

For those (Singapore Citizens only) who are interested in taking this course, please go to this site.

So upon reaching home, I unpacked my bag, put down the drone at home, showered, and joined my family for dinner at Jurong Point. We ate at Dian Xiao Er. After dinner,  we walked around the mall for a little bit.

While at the mall, I also decided to get a new pair of running shoes since I got flat feet. My current pair of running shoes just isn’t suitable for me. It’s pretty worn down and gross anyway.

After that, we took the bus home and I started sorting out the boxes for the drone, tested flying the miniature drone. Well, it ran out of battery, and so I put it on charge immediately. I also went to charge the battery that came with the X5HW.

That’s all for now, I shall go and catch up on tv shows.

Here I conclude my journal for today.