Daily Log #4

A few days ago, my client contacted me about some bugs found in the trade settlement application. After going through the received emails, I decided that I will go to the client’s office. One reason was that I didn’t want to bring programming work back home anymore. It’s a desire on my part to create a psychological segregation between what I do at home for my soul and what I do for money.

So I applied to take a day off today and went to the client’s office. Although I could have gone there at anytime, I chose to continue to wake up at my usual work time so that there’s a sense of routine.

I packed everything I need for me to do my work and made my way there.

The work itself wasn’t that particularly difficult. A quick study of the existing codes, a quick debug, and I just knew what to do. I managed to finish fixing the issues and did a quick test to confirm the fixes worked in under an hour.

Come to think about it, I didn’t really spend too much time on designing the codes any further. The reason is very simple. This application’s life span is already coming to an end as there is a replacement by their in-house developer. So the only thing I need to be doing is to fix any pre-existing bugs. In a way, it’s a nice thing to see the conclusion of a project I was on for the last six years on both full-time and part-time basis.

There is other thing I enjoy eating and that’s the salad from The Salad Corner.

I went with Salmon, Thai Grill Chicken, Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, Egg whites, broccoli and olives. For sauce, I went with olive oil.

It was mentioned by some of my friends that my complexion have gotten better compared to the last time they saw me. Well, I supposed it’s because of my constant consumption of fruits and vegetables over the last few months. However, I still suffer from acne scars that doesn’t go away without treatment by professionals. So I plan to do that soon.

I went home at around 4pm because I was tired and my stomach felt weird. On the train back, I keep dozing off while standing up. But overall, I like to work this way because there’s more autonomy compared to just sitting in office from 8.30am to 6pm and even if you are done with what you are supposed to do early, you have to stay.

Once home, after a quick shower, I went for a nap. My dad did ask me what I want to eat for dinner and I said I want char siu rice. I must be damn tired because I woke up only at 8.15pm. A straight 2 hours plus nap.

Another thing of note is, my mom and sisters won’t be home over the next few days as they are in Thailand for holiday. So it will just be me and my dad at home.

At night, I watched two episodes of Dragons: Race to the Edge and a few episodes of a Japanese anime called A.I.C.O. So far, both of these animation series are my favorites.